Best practices in this post are based on the tips provided in the Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide from Google. Click on the link to download the latest version of the starter guide.
Best practices for Search Engine Optimization - SEO:
Try to create a Unique and Accurate Page Title for your site / blog:
- Accurately describe the page's content choosing a title that has no relation to the content on the page using default or vague titles like "Untitled" or "New Page 1".
Creating unique title tags for each page:
- Each of your pages should ideally have a unique title tag, which helps Google know how the page is distinct from the others on your site. using a single title tag across all of your site's pages or a large group of pages.
Use brief, but descriptive titles:
- Titles can be both short and informative. If the title is too long, Google will show only a portion of it in the search result. using extremely lengthy titles that are unhelpful to users stuffing unneeded keywords in your title tags.
Accurately summarize the page's content:
Write a description that would both inform and interest users if they saw your description meta tag as a snippet in a search result, try to avoid the following:
- Writing a description meta tag that has no relation to the content on the page
- Using generic descriptions like "This is a web page" or "Page about baseball cards".
- Filling the description with only keywords.
- Copying and pasting the entire content of the document into the description meta tag.
Use unique descriptions for each page:
- Having a different description meta tag for each page helps both users and Google, especially in searches where users may bring up multiple pages on your domain. If your site has thousands or even millions of pages, hand-crafting description meta tags probably isn't feasible. In this case, you could automatically generate description meta tags based on each page's content.
- Try to avoid using a single description meta tag across all of your site's pages or a large group of pages
read other related posts in this blog:
Best Practices for SEO - Part 2
SEO Best Practices - Part 3
SEO Best Practices - Part 4
SEO Tips - Best Practices Part 5
SEO Tips - use Google Webmaster Tools
SEO in my Blogs
On-Page Search Engine Optimization
Create your own blog or web site - make real money
Sell Products online - cash for Affiliate Marketer
Bid Project and win - work as a Freelancer from home
Work from Home as a Freelancer
Online Money Vault with Blogger Platform